We are delighted to share our Advanced Laparoscopic Colorectal Masterclass Course from Saturday 24th April 2021. It was an incredibly enjoyable event with delegates attending online Globally! The Webinar featured interactive Polling, Q&A and questions were also answered during the live panel discussions.
Professor Steven D Wexner, Chair, Department of Colorectal Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Florida, USA delivered the keynote address. Professor Wexner also gave a LIVE lecture on ‘Current Status of Minimally Invasive Surgery in Colorectal Cancer’ and participated during the Live Q&A.
If you would like to register your interest to join us on our next Advanced Laparoscopic Colorectal Masterclass Course, please see further details below.
- Excellent organisation which made me feel almost attending a live operating and masterclass. Very high quality pictures and sounds in most videos
- Thank you for gathering such brilliant surgeons to share their knowledge and experience
- The interactive discussion panel was so fruitful and helpful and answer my questions
- Excellent explanations from very experienced surgeons. Explained in a way that is not always possible whilst focussed on operating
The course is convened by Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgeon, Professor P N Haray and supported by an experienced faculty. This course is suitable for experienced colorectal surgeons who wish to enhance their understanding and attain invaluable tips to perform laparoscopic colorectal surgery in an effective manner. The course will encompass a series of pre-recorded operating demonstrations, interspersed with interactive discussions, of important colorectal operations such as:
- Total Colectomy for conditions such as Ulcerative Colitis and Functional Bowel Disease
- Segmental Resections, Left-side Colonic Resections including Splenic Flexure Mobilization, and High Anterior Resection
- Total Mesorectal Excision with Defunctioning Stomas
- Pouch surgeries / Panproctocolectomy.
The main emphasis of the course is to provide a basis for safe advanced laparoscopic colorectal surgery using a systematic step-wise approach to various procedures.
Topics covered will include:
- Patient selection
- Relevant anatomy
- Theatre set-up
- Pre- and post-operative management and outcomes
- Enhanced recovery programs
- Emergency surgery
Consultants and trainees in general/colorectal surgery.
There will be ample opportunities to interact with the faculty during the video presentations using the interactive Q&A option on the Webinar.
Places are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment.