It was our pleasure to deliver on Thursday 18th November 2021 a 90 minute webinar with Dr Alex Murray and Professor P N Haray including an interactive expert panel with contributions from various grades of surgical, clinical and nursing staff, which will hopefully simplify the complexities of genetic familial colorectal cancer syndromes.
Our ability to understand inherited bowel cancers is dramatically improving because of the ground-breaking work of people like Dr Murray and her Team at The All Wales Medical Genetics Service.
Also patient perspectives were part of the live panel discussion.
The programme was delivered in collaboration with our medical media specialists Digimed who produced and delivered the webinar.
If you would like to register your interest to join us on our next Genetics in Colorectal Course, please see further details below.
The Webinar included:
- Introduction with Professor P N Haray and Dr Alex Murray
- Expert Panel – Interactive Discussion with Q&A
- Patient perspective on inherited bowel cancer
Topics to include:
- Familial Colorectal Cancer Syndromes
- Lynch Syndrome
- FAP & MAP
- Other Syndromes
- Implications for Screening, Counselling and Treatments
- MSI Testing
Feedback comments received:
- I liked how the webinar was constructed and the timetable
- Having the patient present. Very interesting hearing their view / management of their genetic disease
- The contents were delivered in a crisp manner and short duration
- The fact that the webinar wasnt a series of lectures and PowerPoint presentations, but a well organised informal chat session
© Copyright 2022. All Rights Reserved